Yesterday in class Mr. John told us about his venture to High Tech High. He gave a brief overview such as this.. At High Tech High the students are allowed to wear whatever they would like, they call their teachers by their first names, eat and drink while in class, "hang out" all around the campus during free time, and classes aren't structured persay. At this highschool one can choose which classes he or she would like to take. I believe this is a good environment for learning. By having food and drinks in class students are constantly reenergizing themselves. Also, by not sitting in desks and listening to lectures all day the students are actually DOING the things they are learning which 9 out of 10 times is more easily remembered. Something like this is coming to Baton Rouge in 2010. I am not saying I would leave Saint Joseph's Academy, because this place has been my dream since I was a child and I love it. But I am excited to see how this type of school evolves over time.
Computer Architecture Blog
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
High Tech High School
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment