Computer Architecture Blog

Monday, March 30, 2009

Second Life


Doctors are treating patients in Second Life. This is a virtual hospital with patients where students in med school can get a "hands-on" experience. The students go through certain steps while treating their patients. One important step is that they must always wash their hands before seeing a patient. This is a new way for students to learn, aside from the normal reading in textbooks or by watching. Through this virtual world the students are doing it all themselves, but without the risk of endangering real life patients. I believe this is a new step for the technological world. This may lead to more discoveries, as far as the virtual world goes. Next there will be virtual worlds to help teach students for numerous occupations. I think this is one of the most interesting articles that I have read in a while, that is for the technology section.

No comments:

Post a Comment